Accountability is the cornerstone of successful processes. Do these characteristics describe your process of accountability?
- A system for process management that includes the format and timing of reports, the frequency and content of meetings, and the efficacy of actions that arise from process review.
- A system of problem solving that identifies problems early, prioritizes them, gets the right people involved, generates a set of possible solutions and tracks the success of the solution once it is implemented.
- A system of communication that gets real time information to the people who can best use it to affect their performance.
- Systems of reporting relationships and performance measurement that promote the stated goals of the organization.
- A system of internal benchmarking that learns from other areas of the company — and gladly helps them learn from you.